Honey Pecan French Toast
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup pancake mix
- 6 slices thick bread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla; beat well with a wire whisk.
- Add pancake mix, beating until smooth. Pour mixture into a greased 13x9x2" baking dish.
- Place bread slices in egg mixture turning slices to coat evenly.
- Let stand for 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add 3 slices of bread; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining butter and bread slices.
- Serve immediately with the Honey Pecan Topping.
Honey Pecan Topping
- In a small bowl, combine the Sue Bee Honey and butter stirring until smooth.
- Add nuts, and stir well.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/