Tammy Brownlow’s Honey Roasted Carrot Ravioli With Orange Butter Sauce entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honey Roasted Carrot Ravioli With Orange Butter Sauce
- 8 egg roll wrappers, cut in half
ROASTED CARROT FILLING
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and ends removed, halved and cut into pieces
- 1/4 large white onion, peeled and diced
- 1 small head of garlic, sliced in half
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cardamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp adobo sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 Tbsp water
ORANGE BUTTER SAUCE
- Zest from half of a large orange
- 1/4 cup juice from a large orange
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp Sue Bee Honey
- Dash of salt and pepper, if desired
- 1/4 cup fresh flat leaf parsley leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. On a large sheet of aluminum foil on a baking sheet, add carrots, onion, and halved head garlic-drizzled with oil.
- Drizzle carrots and onion with honey. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and cardamon.
- Cover by folding aluminum foil over veggies. Place baking sheet in oven and bake 45 minutes - until carrots are very tender and cut easily with a fork. Allow to cool enough to place in food processor.
- Place in food processor, carrot and onion along with any juices from the roasting process. Remove roasted garlic cloves and add to the food processor along with adobo sauce and puree until smooth and creamy.
- Place a large dutch oven filled with water on high heat to boil. Cut egg roll wrappers in half. Add 1 level tablespoon of carrot puree to center portion of wrapper. Brush edges with egg wash. 6.
- Press half of wrapper over filling. Remove air from around filling and crimp with a fork. Continue until all raviolis are assembled.
- Once water is boiling drop 4 raviolis in at a time and cook until raviolis float - 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from dutch oven and let raviolis arrange on a greased serving platter. (I spray it lightly with cooking spray).
- While cooking raviolis begin your sauce. In a medium sauce pan add orange juice and butter. Cook on medium heat until simmering. Allow to simmer 5 minutes. Add honey and zest. Stir until combined and turn off heat.
- Pour sauce over raviolis and sprinkle with parsley if desired. Enjoy!
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/