Honey and Spice Pears
Write a review
- 1 1/2 cups Sue Bee® Honey
- 5 lbs pears
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1 cup wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped candied ginger
- 8 inches cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon red food coloring
- Wash, peel, core and halve pears.
- In 4-6 qt. kettle combine remaining ingredients.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Add pears. Cook, turning often, until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pack hot pears into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2 inch head-space.
- Cover with hot syrup, leaving 1/2 inch head space.
- Adjust lids. Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes for pints.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/