No one will ever know you’re not a professional baker when you make a batch of our honey sugar cookies! With easy to follow steps our recipe yields soft, chewy cookies that will be quickly eaten!
Honey Sugar Cookies
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup of sugar (for rolling)
- Heat oven to 300 F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, cream together butter and 1/4 cup sugar, then add the honey.
- Slowly add the flour combination to honey mix and blend until even. It is important not to over-mix the dough.
- Chill the dough for 10 minutes.
- While the dough is in the refrigerator, fill a small bowl with the separate cup of sugar.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls of the dough into the bowl of sugar and roll to coat, then place on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 16 minutes, until the edges are golden and set.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/