Honey of a Wheat Bread
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 6-7 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal
- 2 pkgs. Yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup bran
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. butter
- In saucepan heat milk until bubbles form around the edge of pan; remove from heat.
- Add Sue Bee Honey, salt and 1/4 cup butter; stir until butter melts.
- Cool to lukewarm and add bran.
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in large bowl.
- Stir yeast to dissolve.
- Stir in cooled milk mixture.
- Add 4 cups flour.
- Beat with a spoon until smooth.
- Gradually add the rest of the flour.
- Turn out and knead dough for 5-8 minutes until smooth and elastic.
- Place in lightly greased bowl; cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down lightly and turn out onto floured board.
- Halve into 2 balls.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Cut each of the halves in two.
- With palms, roll each part into 12 inch strips.
- Twist two strips of dough together three times around; press each end together to seal.
- Place in two greased 9 x 5 x 2 inch loaf pans.
- Brush tops with melted butter.
- Let rise until sides reach tops of pans, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Turn out of pans to cool.
- Makes 2 loaves.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/