Honey-Whole Wheat Bread
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 2 packages regular active dry yeast
- 2 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 4 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water.
- Add remaining warm water, Sue Bee Honey, butter, salt and 3 cups whole wheat flour. Mix together until well combined.
- Stir in remaining whole wheat flour until well combined.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of the all-purpose flour until dough pulls cleanly away from side of bowl.
- Knead in remaining all-purpose flour and continue for 5 to 10 minutes or until dough is smooth and springy.
- Grease large bowl with cooking spray. Place dough in bowl and cover. Let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Grease two loaf pans cooking spray.
- Divide bread dough in half and shape dough into loaves; place in pans.
- Cover and let rise in warm place 30 to 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Uncover dough and bake for 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 F; bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when lightly tapped.
- Remove bread loaves from pans and place on cooling rack.
- Let cool completely, about 1 hour.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/