1 cup Sue Bee Honey
1 cup heavy cream
1 pinch salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 large- or 6 medium-sized red apples, chilled
4-6 bamboo skewers
1. Insert skewers into apple stems. Place in refrigerator to chill.
2. In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, combine Sue Bee Honey, heavy cream and salt and stir occasionally until boiling.
3. Reduce heat and carefully continue stirring until mixture reaches 260 F on a candy thermometer – up to 30 minutes.
4. Remove honey caramel mixture from heat and stir in vanilla. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool and thicken, stirring occasionally. If caramel becomes too thick, return mixture to medium heat and stir.
5. Wipe the apples dry and dip them into the caramel one by one by holding the skewer, tilting and rolling until the apple is completely covered. Set apples on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper to cool.
6. Refrigerate for up to 20 minutes before serving.