Sally Sibthorpe’s Honeybee Cake entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Spun Honey
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3 mashed bananas
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut (plus 1/2 cup toasted coconut for garnish*)
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee Spun Honey, warmed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee Spun Honey
- 1 1/2 bricks cream cheese, softened (12 ounces total)
- 3/4 cup soft butter
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- Sift together flour, soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together Sue Bee Honey, butter, eggs, bananas, orange rind and extracts until well-mixed.
- Stir in dry ingredients until moistened (do not beat).
- Fold in pineapple and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 9-inch round springform pan.
- Bake at 350 F for 50-60 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- While cake is still warm, use a toothpick to gently poke several holes in it.
- Mix together the glaze ingredients and spoon evenly over top of cake. Let cool completely.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter at medium speed until smooth. Beat in Sue Bee Honey and orange marmalade at low speed until light and fluffy. Chill until needed.
- When cake is cool, remove side of pan and slide cake off with a spatula unto a cake plate.
- Frost top and sides with cream cheese frosting and top with toasted coconut.
- Store in refrigerator.
- (Garnish is optional.)
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/