Brenda Washnock’s Honeyed Cherry Pecan and Rosemary Brie en croute entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Honeyed Cherry Pecan and Rosemary Brie en croute
Write a review
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 2T Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/4 cup toasted pecans; coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh Rosemary leaves
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 (15 ounce) wheel of Brie
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Stir together the dried cherries, Sue Bee Honey, toasted pecans and rosemary.
- Lay the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface.
- Cut it into a large oval with a knife (reserve the scraps).
- Spoon the cherry mixture in the center of the puff pastry.
- Top with the cheese.
- Brush the edge of the oval with egg mixture.
- Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover.
- Trim the excess pastry and press to seal.
- Brush the seam with the egg mixture.
- Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet.
- Decorate the top with the pastry scraps, if desired.
- Brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy with crackers or as is.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/