Indonesian Carrot Soup
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 (16 ounce) cans coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sherry wine
- 8 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder
- 3 lbs carrots
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Heat stockpot, add olive oil, garlic, ginger, onion, celery, and carrots.
- Saute for 10 minutes.
- Add curry, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes, sherry and stock.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add Sue Bee Honey, coconut milk, cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Puree the soup in the pot using a hand blender.
- Add more Sue Bee Honey if you like it sweeter.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/