Jalapeno Plum Sauce
This sauce can be made ahead of time and it freezes well.
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons soya oil
- 1 orange
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 1/2 lbs purple plums
- 1 1/2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 2 lemons
- In a heavy pot, cook red onion, garlic and jalapeno pepper in soy bean oil until tender.
- Add the plums and stir in the curry powder and allspice.
- Once the spices are dispersed, add the Sue Bee Honey, soy sauce, plums and the fruit juices.
- Cook over medium low heat for 1 hour and 15 minutes uncovered, stirring often.
- The consistency should be like a chunky tomato sauce.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Bottle and chill the sauce.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/