Jewish Honey Cake
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup warm strong black coffee
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup slivered almond
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- Place the Sue Bee Honey, eggs, lemon juice, lemon rind, oil and coffee in a bowl of an electric mixer.
- Mix on low speed until well blended.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar, sugar and cinnamon with a fork until mixed.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the eggs mixture, mixing for about 5 minutes or until well blended.
- Fold in the slivered almonds.
- Pour the batter into the tube pan.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/