Donna-Marie Ryan’s Juicy Peach Honey BBQ Sauce entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Juicy Peach Honey BBQ Sauce
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh, ripe peach chunks, skinned
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small (2-inch) hot pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)
- Heat the butter over medium-low heat in a nonstick saucepan.
- Add brown sugar and melt.
- Add in the peaches, garlic, onion and pepper and cook over low heat until peaches are softened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Place the rest of the ingredients into a medium-sized saucepan.
- Use red pepper flakes to taste.
- Mix in the peach mixture and stir.
- Cover and cook over low heat 15-20 minutes.
- Check flavors and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Use an immersion blender or regular blender and pulse 3-5 times to make a smooth sauce or leave as is if you prefer a chunky.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/