Leek Soup with Roasted Garlic and Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/2 pints cream
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 cups leeks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups dry white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- Begin by preparing the roux.
- Melt the butter in a large stock pot.
- Add the cup of flour a little at a time whisking briskly to avoid lumps.
- Continue to whisk and cook for at least 3 minutes.
- Add the 3 cups of 1/2 reduced chicken broth a little at a time wile continuing to whisk.
- As the roux thickens, add the 3 cups of wine a little at a time until all is incorporated.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the chopped leaks and saute until tender but not browned. Add to the roux.
- Add the Sue Bee Honey, red pepper, green pepper, roasted garlic, parmesan cheese, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes stirring often.
- With the heat low, stir in the cream and then the 1/2 cup butter to finish.
- Serve soon.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/