Lemon Blueberry Cake and Hot Honey-butter Sauce
Down home comfort food.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cake Grease and flour a 8" square pan.
- Blend flour, nutmeg, salt and baking powder together.
- In a small bowl, mix milk, lemon juice and rind together.
- In a large bowl, cream butter with sugar.
- Gradually add 2 eggs, one at a time and then the vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture, alternating with milk mixture, remembering to blend lightly.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 F for 50 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool slightly.
- Cut while warm into squares and serve upside down with Hot Honey-Butter Sauce.
Hot Honey-Butter Sauce
- In small pan mix water and cornstarch blend well then gradually add Sue Bee Honey, butter and lemon juice.
- Boil over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When ready sauce is thick and clear.
- Pour hot sauce over the warm cut cake and enjoy.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/