Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup poppy seed
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup baking powder
- 1 cup quick-cooking oat
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
For the Pancakes
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add eggs, sour cream, milk and water; beat just until blended, but still lumpy.
- Add lemon zest, lemon extract, poppy seeds and vanilla powder or extract; mix thoroughly.
- Let batter stand for 30 minutes or cover and refrigerate overnight. Add more milk or water, if needed.
- Spoon batter onto a hot, buttered griddle or skillet and cook pancakes until browned on both sides. Serve with honey butter.
For the Honey Butter
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat. Slowly add Sue Bee Honey, stirring constantly, until smooth and opaque.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/