Lost City Orange Honey Buns
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 4 teaspoons orange rind
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons orange rind
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- In a large bowl, add warm milk.
- Sprinkle yeast over milk and stir till yeast dissolves.
- Next add Sue Bee Honey, sugar, salt, eggs, orange rind, and half of the butter and flour; beat well.
- Now mix in the remaining butter and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Knead, cover and let rise about 1 hour till doubled.
- Mix the white sugar, orange rind and sliced almonds together, set aside.
- Divide dough in half and roll out into an 8 x 12-inch rectangle.
- Brush both dough rectangles with melted butter and sprinkle the orange sugar filling over top.
- Roll up from the long edge and slice into 1"" pieces.
- The next step is to combine the honey topping ingredients into a small pot, bring to a rapid boil then pour into a 9x13-inch pan.
- Place all the sliced buns into the pan with the honey topping, the buns should just fit, cover and let rise 30 minutes, till doubled in size.
- Bake for 25 minute in a 375 F oven till golden.
- Upon removing from oven immediately turn the pan upside down onto foil.
- These buns are best if eaten the same day. Serve warm or at room temperature. Do not put in the refrigerator.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/