Tina Jensen’s Lunchbox Granola Treats entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Lunchbox Granola Treats
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut or other nut butter
- 4 cups quick oats
- 4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups total of any combination chopped nuts, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips
- Combine brown sugar and Sue Bee Honey in a sauce pot and heat until mixture melts together, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and immediately stir in nut butter of choice.
- In another bowl, measure out the other ingredients and then pour
- heated mixture on top of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Once combined, spread into 13-by-9-inch baking sheet and apply a slightly larger piece of parchment paper over the top.
- Next use a rolling pin to push the mixture down into the baking pan with force, the more compact the better.
- Let cool, then either cut into desired portions or use a cookie cutter to make an awesome lunchbox treat.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/