Moroccan Carrot Soup
- 1 teaspoon organic Sue Bee® Honey
- 30 g organic butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 liters vegetable stock
- 1 large organic potato
- 750 g organic carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger root
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Heat the butter in a heavy-based saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, ground coriander, cayenne pepper and fry for two minutes.
- Add the carrots and potato and cook for ten minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are beginning to soften.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Loosely cover, reduce the heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes until the potato is cooked.
- Leave to cool slightly then stir in the Sue Bee Honey and orange juice, and then blend it in batches.
- Return to the pan to heat and serve hot with fresh coriander to garnish.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/