- 1 teaspoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 4 tablespoons chopped tomatoes
- 14 ounces chickpeas
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1 fresh chili pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 onion
- Saute onion in olive oil until softened then add all the spices and fry for a little until browned.
- Add sweet potato and continue to saute.
- Add vegetable stock, with Sue Bee Honey, tomato and mustard.
- Drain chick peas and wash in cold water, then add to soup.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Bring soup to boil and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
- Add spinach when all other ingredients are cooked and let it wilt.
- Season to taste.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/