Between the shopping, the gift wrapping and the cookie decorating, the menu for Christmas dinner can sometimes get lost in the shuffle. That's why this traditional Sue Bee Holiday Honey Baked Ham recipe is the perfect lifesaver during a busy holiday season. It requires just a handful of ingredients you may already have in your kitchen and is simply delicious! Try it for yourself!
- 1 1/4 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 1 ham
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 whole cloves
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. Score ham with a sharp knife using diagonal lines. Repeat scoring in the opposite diagonal direction to create a pattern (see photo).
3. Insert whole cloves at intersections or crossings.
4. Place ham in a roasting pan fat side up. Bake ham according to package directions.
5. While ham is baking, combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a full boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and cook an additional minute or two; remove honey mixture from heat and set aside.
6. Remove ham from oven prior to the last 30 minutes of bake time. Using a pastry brush, apply the honey glaze to the entire surface of the ham and return it to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes and repeat the process. When ham is finished baking, let it rest at least 10 minutes before slicing.
7. Serve remaining glaze with ham.