Reindeer Honey Sugar Cookies
1/3 cup Sue Bee Honey
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl combine flour, soda and salt.
3. Cream together the butter and sugar. Add the Sue Bee Honey and cream well.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture and mix until just incorporated. Finish by hand if needed. Do not overmix the dough.
5. Roll out dough on floured surface. Use a "bell" shaped cookie cutter (upside down) to cut out reindeer shapes.
6. Place cut-outs on baking sheet. Place sheet in fridge and chill for 10 minutes.
7. Once chilled, place in oven and bake 12-15 minutes or until golden.
8. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to rack to cool completely.
9. See decorating details below.
2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon almond flavoring
Mix together until desired consistency is reached.
Colored candies for nose and eyes
Mini pretzels for antlers
1. Dip face of cookie into glaze and place on a drying rack.
2. Position pretzels as antlers and add candy for eyes and nose.
3. Let glaze dry and harden, giving the surface of the cookie a slight sheen.
4. Once dry, the candy and pretzel decorations will stay in place.
Almond & Honey-Butter Cookies from EatingWell.com
Hungarian Christmas Honey Cookies from The Hungarian Girl
Honey Gingerbread Men from A little Polkadot
Coconut Flour & Honey Christmas Cookies from Lopez Family Now
Honey-Ginger Bites from BHG
Holiday Sugar Cookies from Diana's Desserts
Honey Cookies from Foodie Wannabe