Now This is Alice Springs Chicken
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- With an electric mixer combine the Sue Bee Honey, mustard, 1 tablespoon oil and lemon juice for 1 minute.
- Pour 1/2 mixture over chicken in a gallon ziplock to marinate in fridge 2-24 hours.
- Chill remaining marinade to serve with chicken.
- After marinating chicken, preheat oven to 375 F Put remaining oil in frying pan. Heat and sear chicken on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to oven safe pan and brush with marinade.
- Meanwhile in frying pan add butter and saute mushrooms.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and peppers.
- Stack bacon across each breast, spoon mushrooms on each breast and then approximately 1/3- 1/2 cup cheese on each.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Sprinkle with parsley and serve with honey mustard marinade.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/