Oatmeal Cinnamon Scones
- 1/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 5/8 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2-2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 cup craisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven 375 F.
- Spread oatmeal on baking sheet and place on center rack of oven and toast for 4 minutes.
- Stir and add pecans to mixture and toast an additional 3-5 minutes, careful not to over toast the pecans.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Set oven temperature to 425 F.
- Remove 2 Tablespoons oatmeal and set aside for dusting counter.
- Wipe out baking sheet and line with parchment paper.
- In small bowl combine Sue Bee Honey, milk, cream and egg.
- To food processor mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Sprinkle butter over top and process until resembles cornmeal.
- Transfer mixture to bowl and stir in the oats, pecans, orange zest and craisins.
- Stir in milk mixture and knead in bowl until forms a large ball.
- To reserved oatmeal add 2 tablespoons of flour and sprinkle counter with 1/2 of the mixture.
- Turn dough out on counter and dust top with remaining toasted oatmeal mixture.
- Lightly knead mixture and form into a circle approximately 1 inch thick (7-8 inches in diameter).
- Cut dough into 8 wedges and place each wedge on prepared baking sheet.
- Brush tops of each wedge with milk and dust with sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake at 425 F until golden brown, approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Remove to pastry rack and allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/