Deborah Puette’s Orange Honey Kissed Scallops entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Orange Honey Kissed Scallops
Write a review
- 1 medium orange
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger root
- 1/4 cup tamari premium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sue Bee® Clover Honey
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1½ pounds fresh sea scallops
- With a paring knife, peel off a 1" by 2" strip of orange peel and set aside. Grate the remainder of the peeling and reserve.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the butter and 1 teaspoon of the garlic in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Sauté for 3 minutes. Stir in the orange zest, ginger root, soy sauce, and Sue Bee Honey.
- Squeeze the juice from the orange into the saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- In a medium skillet over low-medium heat, add 1 tablespoon of the butter, the spinach, and the salt. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the garlic and sauté for 3 minutes more, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and arrange on the center of a serving platter.
- Wipe the skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Rinse the scallops and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of the butter to the skillet and return to medium heat.
- Add the scallops and cook on one side for 2 minutes.
- Turn and add remaining 1 teaspoon of garlic and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- Arrange on top of the spinach. Drizzle with the orange sauce.
- Use the paring knife to cut the reserved orange peel slice into thin strips.
- Curl the strips and arrange on top of the scallops.
- Serve immediately.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/