Pancakes With Blood Orange Honey Sauce
Write a review
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup blood orange juice
- Cooking spray
Blood Orange Honey Sauce
- In small saucepan, add Sue Bee Honey, blood orange juice and cornflour, whisk well until sauce ingredients are blended.
- Put saucepan over a medium heat and bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally and cook until sauce starts to boil, then remove from heat.
- Whisk in butter until completely dissolved into the sauce. Set aside and allow cooling until pancakes are ready.
- In a large bowl, add sifted flour, baking powder, salt and sugar, mix well and make a small well in the center of the bowl with the dried ingredients.
- Add the egg in center of the well, then add melted butter, slowly add milk and mix until smooth. (You may not need to add the entire 1 1/2 cups of milk, consistence of mixture needs to be smooth).
- Using the cooking spray, lightly oil pancake pan or non stick frying pan over medium heat.
- Once pan is hot, pour approximately 1/4 cup of pancake mixture onto the pan. Brown on one side of pancake then flip, brown other side of pancake, place cooked pancake onto a warm plate. Repeat this step until all the pancake mixture has completed. Note: Only flip once as pancake will become tough and not light.
- Equally divided pancakes on four plates. Equally pour blood orange honey sauce on top of the pancakes and then add strawberries on top of the sauce.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/