Passover Baklava Cake
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups chopped hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 2 large eggs
- 3 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 dash cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 F; spray a round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Add sugars, oil, eggs and egg whites to a large mixing bowl.
- Beat at medium until blended.
- Stir in matzoh cake meal and next 5 ingredients and beat until well blended.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine syrup ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Lower to simmer and cook 25 minutes until thick.
- Cool completely.
- Pierce top of cake with a fork, pour syrup on top.
- Cover and chill overnight.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/