Hidemi Walsh’s Peanut Butter Bacon Honey Carrot Sandwich entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Peanut Butter Bacon Honey Carrot Sandwich
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter, crunchy type
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a small bowl, mix together carrots and salt. Let sit for about 10 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Make dressing by mixing Sue Bee Honey, olive oil and lemon juice in a medium bowl; set aside.
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp (do not use oil); drain on paper towels and cut each piece in half.
- When the carrots are tender, squeeze them with your hands to drain and add them to the dressing bowl; mix to combine.
- Assemble sandwich by spreading peanut butter on one slice bread; add bacon pieces.
- Drain off the excess liquid from the honey carrots and then add on top of bacon.
- Finish sandwich by topping with the other slice of bread.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/