Mary McShack’s Savory Sweet Lobster Pizza with Honey Bacon Onion Jam and Honey Dijon Drizzle entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Savory Sweet Lobster Pizza with Honey Bacon Onion Jam and Honey Dijon Drizzle
Write a review
- 10 ounces pizza dough
- 2 slices thick cut bacon, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon Sue Bee® Clover Honey
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup cooked lobster meat
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 4 tablespoons Sue Bee Clover Honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheeses (Asiago, Romano, and Parmesan)
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved Freshly ground black pepper
- Roll pizza dough into 11-inch circle.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, lobster, and parsley and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread pizza dough with Honey Bacon Jam. Sprinkle with ½ of the shredded cheese. Top with tomatoes. Arrange lobster on top.
- Drizzle with Honey Dijon sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and black pepper.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until pizza crust is brown and cheese melts.
- Drizzle with additional Honey Dijon sauce, if desired.
Honey Bacon Jam
- Cook bacon over medium heat in skillet until fat is rendered and bacon is crisp. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease.
- Stir in onions and cook over medium-high until tender and brown, about five minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon Sue Bee Honey, ketchup, and balsamic vinegar.
Honey Dijon Drizzle
- Combine 4 tablespoons Sue Bee Honey, Dijon mustard, and red chili flakes.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/