Prep Time:1¼ hours
Cook Time:3¼ hours
Servings: SERVES 6
1 tablespoon Sue Bee Honey
2 cups white beans
2 bay leaves
1 bunch parsley
1/2 teaspoon coriander
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1/2 liter beef broth
200 g lard
1/2 liter water
salt and pepper salt and pepper
1. Soak the beans in water over night.
2. Then boil them with a bay leaf, in water just to cover for 5 minutes.
3. Take the pot off the heat and cover for 1 hour.
4. Pour the beans and bay leaf into the beef broth and slowly boil for 2 hours. Saute the onion in the lard and then add the parsley, the coriander, the salt and pepper.
5. Add this to the beans.
6. Add the honey and allow to boil slowly for a few more minutes.
7. Before serving, add the garlic cloves that have been passed through a garlic press and mixed with the oil.