- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 pumpkin
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup orange juice
- Split pumpkin in half.
- Discard seed.
- Bake in 400 F oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove peel and discard.
- Puree pulp through food mill or in a blender or processor.
- Pour puree into pot and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stirring frequently, boil until thickened, about 10 to 20 minutes.
- When puree will mound slightly on spoon, measure. Use no more than 4 cups of puree. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer uncovered until thick enough to spread; should pass the plate test. (Place a spoonful on chilled plate and place in freezer for 1 minute, there should be no watery ring around the mound.
- Draw your finger through the middle, it should retain its shape and not become liquid. Once you have reached this state, you are done. Refrigerate or use as desired.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/