Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup wheat bran
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Sue Bee Honey, pumpkin, carrots, buttermilk, butter or margarine, egg, vanilla and orange zest.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened.
- Fold walnuts (if using) into batter, gently.
- Spoon batter into 12-cup muffin pan (lightly greased or sprayed with nonstick spray).
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/