Prep Time:45 min
Cook Time:1¼ hours
Servings: SERVES 16
1 tablespoon Sue Bee Honey
250-300 g crushed plain sweet biscuit crumbs
1/2 cup sugar
750 g sour cream
2 cups flour
100 g margarine
1 tablespoon liquid honey
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1/2-1 cup ground walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Beat eggs well with sugar; add baking soda and liquid honey (warm).
3. Melt the margarine/butter in a casserole or pot; add the mixture (margarine should not be too hot).
4. Put the casserole on a low heat, add the flour while mixing and mix until the mass is without lumps (the mixture will be very thick and very hard to stir). Remove from heat and cool.
5. Dip the dough in flour, divide, roll each layer very thin (1-2mm), cut circles as round as possible (approx 18cm diameter), and bake at 180 C for 2-4 minutes or until golden brown in colour; repeat with remaining dough and allow to cool before assembling.
6. Beat sour cream, sugar and honey until the sugar dissolves-the mixture will still be fairly liquid.
7. Coat each layer with a generous layer of cream; assemble the cake, coat the sides with cream and sprinkle top and sides with crumbs and ground walnuts. Allow to set at least 6 hours before eating.