Red Wine and Rosemary Sauce over Linguine
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (6 ounce) can no-added-salt tomato paste
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 cup good quality red wine
- 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 cup onion
- 1 (10 ounce) box linguine
- Before you begin, measure out all of the herbs & seasonings into a small bowl and set near the stove to add when needed.
- Heat a deep saucepan over medium heat.
- Add oil and garlic and saute for about 30 seconds.
- Add onions, and saute about 3 minutes, stirring the whole time to keep from burning.
- Add Sue Bee Honey, wine, tomatoes, tomato paste and the dish of herbs & seasonings.
- Bring to a simmer, then cook 20 minutes uncovered or until thick; lower heat if needed to keep from boiling up.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/