Rosemary Honey Cookies
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/2 cup solid shortening
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- If using dried rosemary, measure it into a small self-sealing plastic bag or mortar and pestle and crush the leaves very finely before adding them to the batter.
- Position the racks to divide the oven into thirds and preheat it to 325 F.
- Coat the cookie sheets with solid shortening and set them aside.
- In a large mixing bowl with a sturdy spoon or an electric mixer, beat together the shortening, butter, and sugar until smooth and well blended.
- Beat in the Sue Bee Honey, egg, juice and grated zest.
- On top of this mixture, add all the dry ingredients and the rosemary, then slowly stir or beat everything together until just incorporated.
- Drop heaping teaspoons of batter on the cookie sheet, placing them 2 inches apart so the cookies can spread.
- Bake 12 to 14 minutes, or until golden brown with a slightly darker edge. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet about 5 minutes, then use a spatula to transfer them to a wire rack. The cookies get crisper as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/