Sue Bee Honey Glazed Corned Beef
4 pounds corned beef brisket
2 quarts water
1 tablespoon pickling spices
1 large white onion
1 large carrot
1 stalk celery
2 cloves garlic
1. Tie pickling spices in a square of cheesecloth (spices may be provided with brisket).
2. In a large stew pot, combine brisket, water, pickling spices, whole vegetables and garlic.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 hours.
4. Place a cooking rack in a shallow baking dish or pan.
5. Remove brisket from cooking liquid and place fat side up on rack.
1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. Combine Sue Bee Honey, brown sugar, mustard and ginger to make glaze. Then spoon glaze over meat.
2. Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30 to 40 minutes.