Southern Pride Sweet Cornbread
Write a review
- 1/4 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups white cornmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan with shortening.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix Sue Bee Honey, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and water together in a large bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients together in a separate bowl: cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt.
- While stirring, add dry ingredients to sugar, egg, and milk mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Mixture will be slightly lumpy.
- Pour into greased rectangular pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Serve with butter.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/