Southwest Vegetable Soup
- 1 teaspoon Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons southwest seasoning
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Mexican-style tomatoes
- 1 yellow onion
- 6 green onions
- 1 (14 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can corn
- 3 corn tortillas
- In a blender blend Sue Bee Honey, stewed tomatoes, green onions, garlic, cilantro, onion and seasoning.
- In a large skillet add 2 cans chicken broth and the blended ingredients, bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients except red kidney beans, simmer with a lid for at least 20 minutes.
- Add red kidney beans, bring to a boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cut the tortillas into 1/2 inch strips, then cut in half, then fry in oil until crisp.
- In soup bowls put in soup then sprinkle with cheese then top with some fried tortilla chips.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/