- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 10 large ripe bartlett pears
- Combine all ingredients except pears in a large stainless steal or enameled coated pot.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel pears thinly.
- slice in half lengthwise leaving stem on one half.
- Remove core with a sharp paring knife.
- Gently place pears in the pot of warm liquid.
- Cover and poach for 30 minutes.
- If pears rise above liquid, gently stir them back down to evenly flavor.
- When tender, allow to cool in the liquid.
- Place pears, with their liquid, cloves and cinnamon sticks in well washed jars.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Allow to stand a few days before serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/