Spicy Chicken Egg Rolls With Honey-Apricot Dipping Sauce
Write a review
- 1 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 3/4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 cup canola oil
- 14-15 egg roll wraps
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup of finely shredded carrot
- 3/4-1 cup of finely shredded cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup cold water
- In a large bowl combine cabbage and carrots; mix well.
- Add chicken; mix well.
- Add seasonings, mixing well.
- Taste, adjust seasonings if needed.
- Add egg, mixing well.
To Wrap Egg Rolls
- Lay wrapper on work surface.
- With wet fingers, damp all edges of wrapper.
- Place 4 tablespoons of mixture evenly across center of wrapper.
- Make sure filling is 3/4 inches away from edge.
- Fold bottom half over to meet top.
- Roll until tightly wrapped.
- Make sure that you are folding in sides as you are rolling.
- In a large 12 inch skillet, heat oil until hot.
- Fry on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels.
For Honey-Apricot Dipping Sauce
- In small saucepan combine all sauce ingredients.
- Over low heat, stir until boiling.
- Then cool
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/