Roxanne Chan’s Spicy Sweet Beet and Blue Salad entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Spicy Sweet Beet and Blue Salad
Write a review
Honey Glazed Walnuts
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Sue Bee® Orange Blossom Honey
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Sue Bee Orange Blossom Honey
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 Tbsp snipped parsley
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced cooked beets
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup snipped basil
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
For the Honey Glazed Walnuts
- Combine all ingredients in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring for 5 minutes to toast the nuts.
- Spread out onto a lightly oiled foil lined tray; set aside.
For the Chipotle Honey Vinaigrette
- Process all ingredients till smooth; set aside.
- Place the greens on a serving platter.
- Arrange the beets on top.
- Combine the celery, onion, basil and blue cheese in a small bowl; sprinkle over the salad then drizzle a little vinaigrette over all,passing the rest separately.
- Top with the nuts.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/