Stained Glass Cookie Pops
- 2/3 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- lollipop craft sticks
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line cookie sheets with foil.
- Measure Sue Bee Honey, shortening, sugar, egg, flour and salt into the bowl.
- Mix until a soft dough is formed.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces.
- Roll the dough between hands making snake shapes about 1/4- inch thick.
- Place rope on prepared cookie sheet and form into a design.
- Be sure dough ends are completely pinched together as these will form the outline of the stained glass picture.
- Sprinkle the crushed candies inside the dough outlines, filling the spaces completely and heaping slightly.
- Carefully insert a craft stick into cookie, forming a "lollipop".
- Bake in oven for 8 to 10 minutes, watching carefully.
- Remove cookie sheets from oven and place on counter to cool.
- When cooled, gently peel off foil from each cookie pop.
- You will have created a beautiful created a stained glass effect!
- Wrap each cookie pop in plastic wrap.
- For gift giving, tie with a colorful ribbon.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/