Prep Time:30 min
Cook Time:1 hours
Servings: SERVES 12
1/3-1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
1/2 cup melted butter
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon maple extract
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup raisins
1. Beat butter and honey together in mixing bowl.
2. Add eggs, applesauce, and maple extract (if using) and beat well.
3. Combine next six ingredients (flour through nutmeg) in separate bowl; stir in raisins.
4. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture, stirring until combined.
5. Bake in greased 5x9 loaf pan at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, or until tests done.
6. Cool in pan for 30 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack; wrap in plastic wrap and chill overnight before serving.
7. This bread freezes well, so double the recipe and save one for later!