Sue Bee Honey Apple Bran Muffins
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cups apple juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups flaked bran cereal, coarsely crushed
- Nonstick cooking/baking spray
- In a medium bowl combine chopped apples, raisins and apple juice; set aside.
- In another medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine Sue Bee Honey, brown sugar, oil and beaten eggs, mixing well to incorporate all ingredients.
- Add the mixture of chopped apples and the mixture of flour, and fold in until all ingredients are well-blended. Mix in crushed bran cereal, then cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Mixture will be thin but will thicken as bran cereal absorbs the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners and spray each liner with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lightly stir chilled batter, then fill each liner three-fourths full.
- Bake muffins 15 to 17 minutes.
- Let muffins cool in pan 5 to 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on a wire rack.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/