Sue Bee Honey Baklava
- 1 1/2 cups (divided) Sue Bee® Honey
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 1/2 cups chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups of chopped tart apple (Granny Smith, Jonathan or Jonagold)
- 20 sheets of phyllo dough (14"" x 9"")
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Brush a 13"" x 9"" baking pan with butter. Carefully unroll phyllo dough sheets and trim to fit the pan, then set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl combine the chopped walnuts, apple, 1 cup Sue Bee Honey and cinnamon. Mix until all ingredients are well-coated with honey. Set mixture aside.
- 3. Into the pan layer 5 phyllo dough sheets, brushing each sheet with butter. Top dough with 1/3 of the walnut/apple mixture. Repeat until you have 4 layers of phyllo dough sheets alternating with 3 layers of walnut/apple mixture.
- 4. Using a sharp knife, cut the baklava into squares or the traditional 1 1/2-inch diamond shapes. Bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5. While the baklava is baking, heat the remaining 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey in a small pan until thinned. After baking, pour the honey over the warm baklava.
- 6. Place the pan of baklava on a wire rack to cool completely. When it is cool, cover and let sit overnight before serving.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/