Sue Bee Honey Fourth of July Shortcakes
Write a review
- 3 -1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1. Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- 2. Add shortening and blend until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- 3. Add milk all at once and stir 20 to 30 strokes with a fork.
- 4. Form into ball on lightly floured surface.
- 5. Gently knead dough 15 times.
- 6. Divide dough in half.
- 7. Roll to 1/4inch thickness.
- 8. Cut with 3 to 3-1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- 9. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake at 425 F 15 to 18 minutes or until top browns.
- 10. Cool biscuits, slice in half and top with Sue Bee® Honey Whipped Cream, fresh strawberries and blueberries.
Sue Bee Honey Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1. Whip cream to soft peaks; slowly add Sue Bee Honey and whip to stiff peaks.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/