Sue Bee Honey Glazed Corned Beef
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 4 pounds corned beef brisket
- 2 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon pickling spices
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Tie pickling spices in a square of cheesecloth (spices may be provided with brisket).
- In a large stew pot, combine brisket, water, pickling spices, whole vegetables and garlic.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 hours.
- Place a cooking rack in a shallow baking dish or pan.
- Remove brisket from cooking liquid and place fat side up on rack.
For the glaze
- Combine Sue Bee Honey, brown sugar, mustard and ginger to make glaze, then spoon glaze over meat.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated oven at 350 F for 30 to 40 minutes.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/