Sue Bee Honey Mustard Beer Brats
- 2 cups Sue Bee® Honey Mustard Sauce (see below)
- 1 can of beer (non-alcoholic beer can be substituted)
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring
- 10 bratwurst
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 brat buns or hoagie rolls, split lengthwise
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3/4 cup Sue Bee Honey
- 1 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup brown or Dijon-style mustard
- For the Honey Mustard Sauce, blend Sue Bee Honey, mayonnaise and mustard in a medium-sized bowl. Chill.
- In a small bowl, mix 1 cup of Sue Bee Honey Mustard Sauce, 1 cup of beer and liquid smoke; set aside.
- Layer the bratwurst in a slow cooker with the onion, peppers and garlic. Pour remaining beer into the slow cooker; top with the bay leaf.
- Pour 1 1/2 cups of the Sue Bee Honey Mustard and beer mixture into the slow cooker over the bratwurst and pepper mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until bratwurst are cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Remove bay leaf and discard.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/