What’s better than chili when the temperatures drop?
Whether you’re having friends over to watch the big game or just looking for some delicious comfort food to warm up with, you can’t go wrong with our Sue Bee Super Bowl of Chili!
Sue Bee Super Bowl of Chili
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can chili beans
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large pot, brown ground beef or turkey and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix in green pepper, onion and garlic and cook until onion is translucent. Drain grease.
- Add tomatoes, chili beans, jalapeno peppers, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon.
- Stir and simmer on low for at least 25 minutes.
- Add Sue Bee Honey and stir again.
- Partially cover the pot and leave it on low medium heat, stirring occasionally until the chili forms into a thick stew.
- Top with cheese, crackers and/or green onions. Serve with a side of cornbread.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/