Amy Freeze’s Sue Bee Sweet Chicken and Broccoli Lo Mein entry in the Sue Bee Honey Sweet Eats Recipe Contest!
Sue Bee Sweet Chicken and Broccoli Lo Mein
- 1/2 cup Sue Bee® Honey
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2- to 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup ponzu sauce
- 10 ounces of linguine, cooked al dente and drained
- Heat vegetable oil in a large, deep skillet.
- Coat chicken in seasonings and brown in hot oil. Toss chicken frequently to prevent sticking and cook 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add onion, bell pepper, garlic and celery. Stir and saute for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Deglaze pan with water and cook an additional 1 minute.
- Add broccoli and chicken broth. Cover and steam for 5 minutes.
- Add sauces and Sue Bee Honey. Bring to temperature over high heat.
- Add linguine and toss to combine and coat pasta. Simmer over medium heat for pasta to absorb liquid. Serve hot.
Sue Bee Honey http://www.suebee.com/